Getting to know the rock superstars coming to town this October 1st
Tickets on sale at www.ticketmaster.ae and all Virgin Megastores across the UAE
ABU DHABI, UAE – September 15, 2015 – Bon Jovi, the global rock sensation and one of the most successful record-selling and arena-filling acts, hits the Abu Dhabi stage on Thursday October 1st, 2015 at the du Arena, Yas Island as part of their 2015 international tour ‘Bon Jovi Live!’.
Since the 80’s, the legendary American band keeps going strong and has performed at over 2,900 concerts beyond 50 countries for more than 34 million fans. Few weeks away from the anticipated concert in the capital, FLASH Entertainment brings you top facts about the band’s path and some of Jon’s career highlights.
- Bon Jovi were originally going to be called Johnny Electric but the band decided to take on Jon Bon Jovi’s real name ‘Bongiovi’
- Jon Bon Jovi used to be a janitor at the recording studio his cousin owned – that’s where he recorded his first professional track ‘R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas’
- ‘Slippery When Wet’ (1986) and ‘New Jersey’ (1988) albums became number 1 and sold over 50 million combined copies. Other US No #1 albums include: ‘Lost Highway’ (2007) and ‘The Circle’ (2009)
- In 2000, Bon Jovi was the last band to ever play at the old Wembley Stadium in London
- Bon Jovi has appeared in several movies – including Young Guns II, Moonlight and Valentino, Little4 City, Homegrown and Pay it Forward. He also appeared in TV shows such as Ally McBeal
- ‘Burning Bridges’ is the first album post- Richie Sambora era and the latest release – August 2015.
- Jon Bon Jovi runs the non-profit restaurant Soul Kitchen in New Jersey as part of his JBJ Soul Foundation
- After three decades working together, Bon Jovi Leaves Mercury Records. Jon Bon Jovi was the only member to sign with the record label, whilst the other band members were considered his employees
Did you know?
- Jon has sensitive eyes. Sunlight and cigarette smoke bother him and this is why he always wears sunglasses!
- Jon has stated that he’s related to Frank Sinatra
- Jon’s favourite movie is ‘The Godfather’
Top 5 – the band’s greatest hits:
- Runaway (1984)
- Wanted Dead or Alive (1986)
- Livin’ on a Prayer (1986)
- Always (1995)
- It’s my Life (2000)
Red Bull Opening acts are bringing local band Carl & The Reda Mafia (CnR) to support the legendary rockers. Led by Carl Frenais, Tarek Reda, Abimbola and Chris, the band is currently working on their first debut album ‘What The’, fusion of funk jam, blues rock and rock n’ roll.
With the exclusive Inner Pit tickets, rock enthusiasts will be able to come close to their favourite band for a once in a lifetime show.
Bon Jovi fans will also have the opportunity to buy exclusive Abu Dhabi collector item t-shirts in various designs. These will only be available at the show.
To buy tickets for Thursday 1st October show, visit ticketmaster.ae and all Virgin Megastore outlets across the UAE or by calling 800 TM UAE (800 86 823) To purchase a Suite, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org #BonJoviUAE
GP race ticket holders can benefit from a 20% discount on General Admission tickets for the Bon Jovi Live show through the Y1 Access program.
For more information on all things Bon Jovi, visit www.BonJovi.com. For more information on the du Arena concert, visit www.thinkflash.ae.
To find out more about the upcoming concert season, download FLASH Entertainment’s ThinkFlash App. Providing fans ease of access to information about all FLASH events, exclusive content, special discounts and free giveaways right at their fingertips, the beta version of the app is now available on iOS and Android.