Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is once again rolling out ‘A Kilo of Kindness’ – the campaign that pairs generosity from the public with needs of the less fortunate. This Ramadan, more than 15 Mövenpick hotels in the Middle East and Africa, are participating in the initiative.
The campaign invites people and organisations to donate non-perishable food items, by simply dropping supplies off at the lobbies of participating hotels from 6-30 June 2016. Each property is supporting a special charity that will benefit from the donated food.
Requested food items include:
• Canned food: tuna, soup, fruit, vegetables
• Dry food: rice, beans, oats, pasta, cereals, flour, powder milk, tea
• Non-glass packaged food: olive oil, canola oil, honey
• Baby food: milk formula, infant cereal
“Giving back to communities remains an important focus for us at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts. Apart from the fact that we are able to involve all our stakeholders in this initiative, it is a genuine feel-good activity that provides so many people – givers and receivers alike – with a smile on the face,” said Andreas Mattmüller, Chief Operating Officer of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Middle East and South Asia.
‘A Kilo of Kindness’ forms part of Shine – Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts’ global corporate social responsibility programme. Shine’s pillars are Environment, Employer and Social Sustainability, with a special focus on Education.
Participating hotels and beneficiary charities:
• All Jordan hotels, including Dead Sea, Aqaba, Tala Bay and Petra: Tkiyet Um Ali which provides food and humanitarian aid.
• Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain: Palm Association, which provides food for less privileged families.
• Mövenpick Resort Al Nawras Jeddah: Saudi Autistic Society, which provides care for autistic children and support to their families.
• Mövenpick Hotel West Bay Doha: Qatar Charity, an organisation dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programmes to fight poverty.
• Mövenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis: Assabil Association, which supports orphaned children.
• Mövenpick Hotel Malabata Tanger: Association Assadaka, which supports children suffering from Trisomy.
• Mövenpick Hotel Casablanca: SOS Children’s Villages Association, which provides children with a family environment where they can thrive.
• Mövenpick Hotel Ramallah: Al Bireh Women’s Arab Union Society, which offers assistance to people by improving their educational and health levels.
• Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar: ITA’AM – Saudi Food Bank, which helps feed the underprivileged by distributing excess food from hotels.