Full name: Steven Hiroyuki Aoki
Birth date: November 30, 1977
Genre: Electro House
Occupation: Musician, record producer, music executive
Collaboration: will.i.am, Afrojack, LMFAO, Iggy Azalea, Lil Jon, and Laidback Luke
Remixes: Several artists such as Kid Cudi.
Most renowned album: Wonderland
Nominations: Grammy Award for Best Dance/Electronica Album in 2013
The 2015 horror movie The Hive features tracks from the album Neon Future by Aoki, who produced the soundtrack and was also executive producer. Moreover, Steve Aoki is the main character in the documentary I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead. Besides, he is the founder of the Steve Aoki Charitable Fund, which raises money for global humanitarian relief organizations.
• Steve Aoki founded his own label, Dim Mak Records, in 1996.
• He teamed up with Blake Miller of the LA-based band Moving Units to produce remixes under the moniker Weird Science.
• He was part of various bands.
• He released his mix album, Pillowface and His Airplane Chronicles in 2008,
• He released singles with The Bloody Beetroots, Armand Van Helden of Duck Sauce, Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Tai, Chris Lake, Angger Dimas, Sidney Samson, and Tiesto.
• He has remixed many artists and bands, including Jackson 5, Drake, Kanye West, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Mike Posner, Girls Generation, All American Rejects, Refused, The Killers,Bassnectar, Lenny Kravitz, Bloc Party, Snoop Dogg, Robin Thicke, S.P.A., Kid Cudi, Fërnando Oviedo, Chester French, and Peaches.
• In 2009, he released a remix for Drake’s song “Forever”. The song features Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, and Eminem.
• In 2012, during the Deadmeat Tour, he headlined more than 55 cities in 60 dates across the United States and Canada.
• His first solo album, Wonderland, was also released in January 2012 and features guest vocalists and musicians LMFAO, Kid Cudi, Kay,Travis Barker, will.i.am aka Zuper Blahq, Wynter Gordon, Rivers Cuomo, Lil Jon, Chiddy Bang, Lovefoxxx of CSS, Big John Duncan (former guitarist of the punk band The Exploited), and others.
• Aoki was nominated for Grammy Award for Best Dance/Electronica Album for Wonderland at the 2013 55th Annual Grammy Awards.
• He collaborated with Linkin Park on the song “A Light That Never Comes.”
• The first part of Aoki’s two-part album, Neon Future I, was released on Dim Mak Records and Ultra Records on September 30, 2014.
• The 2015 science fiction thriller film The Hive features tracks from the album Neon Future by Steve Aoki.