New properties will be located in key markets and will increase the number of operating properties to 75 hotels & resorts
Rotana, one of the leading hotel management companies in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Eastern Europe, outlined its plans for the future during its participation in the ongoing Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2016, the Middle East’s largest travel and tourism event.
Signaling a continuation of the fast-paced expansion of the last decade that has helped establish the company as the dominant player in the region’s hospitality scene, Rotana announced that it will open 18 new hotels in 2016-2017, covering major markets in the Middle East, Africa and Europe. The move will see 4,590 4,354 keys added to the company’s existing inventory by 2017, helping Rotana grow its portfolio to 75 operating hotels and 19,935 keys.
New Rotana properties set to open in the next two years include five hotels in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), four in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and two each in Iraq and Turkey. Rotana will also open properties in Jordan, Iran and the Democratic Republic of Congo, in addition to completing the extension work on one of the company’s iconic properties in the UAE – The Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah.
“Rotana is embarking on the next chapter of its growth story,” said Omer Kaddouri, President and CEO of Rotana. “Our robust development pipeline for the next two years, which includes a number of properties in markets outside the GCC, brings us closer towards achieving our goal to expand globally.”
The scheduled opening dates for upcoming Rotana properties in 2016 and 2017 are as follows:
• Amman Rotana, Jordan – Q2 2016
• Vazo Residences by Rotana, Istanbul, Turkey – Q2 2016
• Kin Plaza Arjaan by Rotana, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo – Q2 2016
• Centro Shaheen, Jeddah, KSA – Q3 2016
• Centro Waha, Riyadh, KSA – Q4 2016
• Centro Olaya, Riyadh, KSA – Q1 2017
• The Cove Rotana Resort (Extension), Ras Al Khaimah, UAE – Q2 2017
• Centro Corniche, Al Khobar, KSA – Q2 2017
• Erbil Arjaan by Rotana, Kurdistan, Iraq – Q2 2017
• Sundus Rotana, Muscat, Oman – Q2 2017
• Slemani Rotana, Kurdistan, Iraq – Q3 2017
• Centro Salama, Jeddah, KSA – Q3 2017
• Beach Arjaan by Rotana, Abu Dhabi, UAE – Q3 2017
• Creek Rotana and Creek Arjaan by Rotana, Dubai, UAE – Q3 2017
• Saadiyat Rotana Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE – Q3 2017
• Rayhaan Imam Reza, Mashhad, Iran – Q3 2017
• Capital Centre Rotana, Abu Dhabi UAE – Q4 2017
• Centro Istanbul, Turkey – Q4 2017
Rotana’s impressive expansion plans for 2016 witnessed the inauguration of a number of properties in the first few months of the year including Rosh Rayhaan by Rotana, Riyadh, KSA; Dalga Residences by Rotana, Turkey; Downtown Rotana, Bahrain; and City Centre Rotana, Qatar and Centro Capital Doha, adding a combined 1,236 keys to the group’s existing portfolio.
Rotana is located at Stand #HC0720 at ATM 2015, which runs until 28 April 2016.