Thumbay Medical & Dental Specialty Center (TMDSC) – Sharjah, in association with the College of Dentistry of Gulf Medical University (GMU) conducted the first of its monthly seminars titled ‘Seminar on Dental Updates 2016’ at the hospital on Monday, 18th April 2016. Dental professionals from across the country participated in the seminar, which was accredited by the Ministry of Health for 4 CME hours.
Specialist dentists and academicians delivered talks on the following topics:
– Management of Periodontal Pockets Gingival Enlargements Using Lasers by Dr. Prabhu M.N (Specialist Periodontist, Thumbay Medical and Dental Speciality Center, Sharjah)
– Direct and Indirect Pulp Capping With a Bioactive Dentine Substitute by Dr. Arun Devarajan (Specialist Endodontist, Thumbay Medical and Dental Specialty Center, Sharjah)
– Principles of Minor Oral Surgery by Dr. Shoaib R. Tippu (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Thumbay Medical and Dental Specialty Center, Sharjah)
– Fabrication of Dental Restorations Using CAD/CAM Technology by Dr. Zuhdi Azzam (Specialist Dentist and Lecturer Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, Gulf Medical University)
– Esthetics in Complete Dentures by Dr. Shaju Philip (Senior Lecturer Dept. of Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, GMC Medical and Dental Specialty Center, Sharjah)
– Radiation Protection in Dental Practice by Dr. Shishir Ram Shetty (Assistant Professor in Oral medicine and Radiology College of Dentistry, Gulf Medical University)
Certificates were distributed to the participants, at the end of the program. The next monthly event will be held on 30th May 2016.