ON EMBARGO: 00:01 FRIDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2015
London, Friday 18 September 2015
Introducing the first Snapchat Show Burberry and Snapchat today announced that they will be creating the first ever Snapchat Show, inviting the platform’s 100 million users to see the latest Burberry Spring/Summer 2016 collection the day before the official runway show.
Burberry’s forthcoming collection will be premiered on Snapchat at 7PM (London time) on Sunday 20th September. The Snapchat Show will reveal the collection looks as finishing touches are being made, captured live from the Burberry design studio in London. The entire show will then disappear after 24 hours.
The new Snapchat Show will feature on Burberry’s Snapchat account, which starts its London Fashion Week programme today at 10AM (London time).
Launching the Burberry Live Story
For the first time, Snapchat will bring its Live Story coverage to a Burberry show. Starting at 12PM on the day of the show and lasting for 24 hours, the “Burberry Live Show” will house a Snapchat-curated montage of crowd-sourced Burberry show related video and imagery, giving an access all areas vantage point into Burberry’s show from the red carpet to backstage and beyond.
Burberry and Snapchat
Burberry debuted on Snapchat in February this year, when it captured key live moments from its Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear collection. Most recently, Burberry shared the entire journey of its “London in Los Angeles” event on the platform that included surprise appearances by Burberry Family members Cara Delevingne, Naomi Campbell and Jourdan Dunn. The platform also revealed real-time content from the event including live arrivals on the red carpet and front row reactions.
Burberry Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer Christopher Bailey said “With Snapchat, Evan Spiegel has created a phenomenal platform that captures the spirit of a moment. We are excited to be working with him to launch the Burberry Snapchat Show allowing a unique, real time view of the creation of our show which will include an unprecedented collection premier hours before it hits the runway.”
Evan Spiegel, Snapchat Co-Founder and CEO, said, “Burberry is an iconic brand and it’s a thrill for us to give our community the first look at their new collection.”
About the Burberry Spring/Summer 2015 womenswear show
- The Burberry Womenswear Spring/Summer 2016 show will take place on Monday 21 September at 1pm, live from the Burberry show space in London’s Kensington Gardens.
- Iconic British singer Alison Moyet will be performing live at the show, accompanied by a 32-piece orchestra. The performance will be filmed at the show for Burberry’s new dedicated channel on Apple Music, which launched earlier this week. http://applemusic.com/burberry
- As well as Snapchat, viewers globally will also be able to experience the show live through video, imagery and music across multiple Burberry platforms including Burberry.com, Facebook, Instagram,Twitter ,Vine, LINE, Kakao and WeChat.
The Burberry Snapchat Account
- Follow the Burberry show live from 10AM on Friday 18 September
- Watch the Burberry Snapchat Show live, from 7PM (London time) on Sunday 20 September
- Account name: Burberry The Burberry Live Story
- Live on the Snapchat homepage from Monday 21 September for 24 hours