VOSS Water of Norway, the world’s renowned artesian water, today announces the launch of VOSS Fruit Infusions across the Middle East. Seamlessly combining fresh fruit with one of the purest waters, infused VOSS offers a host of health benefits for the mind and body, according to leading health practitioners.
Dr. Mona Mirza, founder of renowned Biolite Aesthetic Clinic, describes the powerful benefits of water for the skin: “Our largest and more exposed organ, the skin, benefits from water as much as our entire body does. Dehydration is one of the reasons why you often see young women with their skin already aged beyond their years.” For the most effective hydration, Mirza shares her top fruit infusion recipes, developed to help boost the appearance of healthy skin.
Dr. Mona Mirza’s VOSS Fruit Infusion Recipes
- Raspberries, Kiwi & Chia Seeds: This recipe promotes anti-aging as it fights free-radicals and maintains healthy cell rejuvenation. The antioxidant compounds in raspberries play a potential role against cancer, aging, inflammation, and neuro-degenerative diseases, and are rich in anti-oxidants, and vitamin C. Kiwis are an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin-C, and Chia Seeds are anti-inflammatory and rich in minerals including Zinc, magnesium, potassium.
- Pineapple, Ginger & Lemon Grass: This recipe is ideal to maintain digestive track health and fight infection, promoting overall well-being. Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that aids digestion, allowing the body more energy for other activities such as weight loss. Ginger is also a natural antibiotic and one of nature`s supreme decongestants while Lemon Grass has certain anti-septic compounds that effectively kill the harmful micro-organisms in the digestive tract, yet preserving the beneficial bacteria.
Not only does infused water benefit the skin, but it can also help improve gum health. Dr. Jaco, founder of Jumeirah based The Dental Studio said: “Infusing pure water, such as VOSS, with varying fruit combinations can help protect teeth from cavities and promote healthy gums. It’s important not only to drink the water, but while sipping, to swirl the water gently around to ensure it reaches all parts of the mouth for the maximum benefit.” Jaco’s recommended infusions include the following.
Dr. Jaco’s VOSS Fruit Infusion Recipes
- Watermelon & Mint An excellent source of Vitamin A and potassium, watermelon is full of electrolytes and anti-oxidants. Mint is not only a palate cleanser but it promotes digestion and is additionally a great natural remedy for nausea.
- Strawberries, Lemon & Basil Strawberries reduce plaque build up and fight the bacteria that causes tooth decay. Basil is an anti-oxidant that helps boost immune system and maintains oral health. It’s also a great source of Vitamin A and a natural remedy against colds and flus.
- Pineapple, Orange & Ginger Pineapple is a rich source of ascorbic acid and contains large amounts of vitamin C. Oranges are known to act as an anti-oxidant which helps against skin aging, and they contain potassium and calcium which regulates heart rate, as well as controlling blood pressure. Ginger can help keep the breath fresh, clears sinuses and improves circulation.
- Mint, Cucumber & Lime Cucumber supports digestive health and helps get rid of odor causing bacteria in the mouth. It contains numerous anti-oxidants as well as fisetin which plays a part in brain health. Lime contributes to gum care, and the citric acid lessens the pain and inflammation of arthritis
An ideal way to keep hydrated during the hot summer months, VOSS Fruit Infusions also act as the perfect accompaniment during a family Iftar meal. Experts from all sectors of well-being have emphasized on the importance of consuming water during the holy month of Ramadan. After fasting throughout the day, water acts as both a solvent and a delivery mechanism, dissolving essential vitamins and nutrients from food and delivering them to cells.