Bruce Springsteen announced the release of a new studio album, High Hopes. Spanning 12 tracks, the follow-up to 2012′s Wrecking Ball includes a mixture of original material, covers, and reworked versions of past songs. The album was recorded in New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Australia, and New York City and marks Springsteen’s 18th studio album to date.
It was produced by Brendan O’Brien and Ron Aniello, and features accompaniment from members of the E Street Band and Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello, who toured with the band in Australia and appears on eight tracks. The tracklist sheds light on a new version of “The Ghost of Tom Joad” featuring a duet with Morello; “American Skin (41 Shots)”, which has previously only been released as a live recording; and a cover of Suicide’s “Dream Baby Dream”. The album’s lead single, “High Hopes”, is streaming below. It was written by Scott McConnell’s band The Havalinas in 1990, and previously covered by Springsteen for his 1996 EP Blood Brothers.
High Hopes Track List:
1. High Hopes (Tim Scott McConnell) feat. Tom Morello
2. Harry’s Place* – featuring Tom Morello
3. American Skin (41 Shots) feat. Tom Morello
4. Just like Fire Would (Chris J. Bailey) feat. Tom Morello
5. Down in the Hole*
6. Heaven’s Wall* feat. Tom Morello
7. Frankie Fell In Love
8. This Is Your Sword
9. Hunter of Invisible Game* feat. Tom Morello
10. The Ghost of Tom Joad – duet with Tom Morello
11. The Wall
12. Dream Baby Dream (Martin Rev and Alan Vega) feat. Tom Morello
All songs written by Bruce Springsteen except noted